Saturday, January 21, 2012

Here We Go Again

Ok so Paula Deen has diabetes - WHO CARES? I know I've talked repeatedly about how we need to take responsibility for ourselves, but this week just really irked me. This woman has said time and time again that I'm your cook not your dr not your nurse. Yes her meals are high in fat, cholesterol, and all the things that usually make food good; but is she standing over you threatening you if you don't eat it? NO
There are a lot of things I can blame my fat on - my ex is a douche, my mom had cancer, my son has learning disabilities. However noone was holding a gun to my head as I shoved cheeseburger after cheeseburger in my mouth. I'm fat because I've used food as a coping mechanism - I did that; noone else.
Yes we all need to learn that we need to eat in moderation - but it's our responsibility to do that, not a television cook's job. She obviously needs to learn that and I hope that she is able to get herself healthier because diabetes sucks. Now knock on wood, I am not a diabetic and don't intend to become one, however I have a lot of ppl in my life that are and I know that it sucks for them. So Anthony Bourdain and all you other nay sayers BACK OFF! While she may not be the picture of perfection when it comes to health, she is an example to single moms like me - she made a herself a success out of nothing while raising two kids. She's also human being who's going to have a tough road ahead of her; she not only has diabetes but is also trying to quit smoking. Now I'm not saying that she's perfect, etc but I'm so SICK of people blaming others for what is THEIR responisbility. Maybe I should look into suing McDonalds for making me fat - I could use the money!

No comments:

Post a Comment