Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Exercise

Ok so here we are almost one month into the whole let's get serious and get healthy thing started and I must admit I'm still doin it! Now do I want to get up everyday and do it? There are some days (like those once a month visits for us ladies) that I want to shoot the next person who mentions working out. However I've also learned that I am LOVING the energy that working out gives me and really the peace of mind it gives me. There were a couple days when I simply could not get a workout in and you know what? I actually missed it! No that's not a typo I said I missed it. It makes me feel centered and gives me a sense of accomplishment. Also because I have "outted" myself so to speak to all of you I feel a sense of obligation to keep going - of course your words of encouragement are always motivation to keep going.
Believe it or not I actually started a zumba class yesterday - I sweated my ass off, but I did not die! WOOHOO! I also am walking along with doing the Just Dance for wii - I am actually now able to walk 2 miles with almost no problem. This activity is what I find the most stress relieving - I stick my earbuds in, put some good music on and just start walking. My mind clears and I just listen to the music - lately it's been a lot of Christian Kane that keeps me company as I walk. What I like about his music is that it's real - meaning he has written many of his own songs and they talk about everyday things. Thrown in the mix with the country is come good ol' rockin roll - check him out on youtube when you can. Anyway - back to me lol I just walk and think and by the time I realize it 45 minutes have gone by and the endorphins are flowing. So despite what the scale may say tomorrow ( I was down 5.5lbs last week) I know that I am on my way to being a healthier me. Thank you all for accompanying me on this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment